Wednesday, September 07, 2011

LSBS Retreat Layout Share

This layout was a class layout taught by my hugely talented fellow SBM Master Lauren Bell. I love how it "pops" off the page both literally and with the choice of colours !


 I got to experience "Glubers" for the first time, in making this very cute flower accent ! And can you believe we actually received a whole packet of Glubers, so I still have plenty left to play some more !


I am absolutely loving these small wooden alphas by Twidleybitz. My only criticism would be there needs to be more in the packets - I pretty much used all mine up ! Thanks for a great class Lauren.


There were several challenges set for the duration of the retreat, and one of them was to create a heritage layout. This is mine, and I got 3rd place ! It's a photo of my mum, maybe around 8-10yrs old ?


Whilst the background and flower paper are Basic Grey Curio, much of the ephemera and vintagey things are from a gorgeous little kit by Carol Mead and her business Tattered Inspirations.


I will have more of Carol's gorgeous kits to show soon - we were lucky enough to have her teach a class on the Thursday night, and I bought a few to share with my friends as well !


My Martha Stewart Butterfly punch is certainly getting a workout - great investment that !

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Love how your layout turned out Michelle! Such a gorgeous photo too! It was lovely to get to see you again at the LSBS retreat - bring on next year!

Paula said...

Love how the black makes the other papers 'pop'! Absolutely love your vintage layout...gorgeous!