Tuesday, September 06, 2011

LSBS Retreat 2011 - What Is Old Is New Again

Recently, I was lucky enough to attend the Little Scrapbook Shop 2011 Retreat. As it was my first time, I'll be honest and say I was a little nervous and apprehensive - especially as once again - I decided to go alone !
I had met some of the LSBS girls at Camp Mojo, but only fleetingly, and although I have been an LSBS forum member for quite some time I'm not a huge chatterer - so it was all new to me !
I needn't have worried...

From the moment I arrived I felt welcome.
Although the big fat ass "L" plate on my chair was something of a surprise, I couldn't have asked for a better seat in the room, or for better table mates. I think Table 3 rocked it !!!
Hi Helen, Kim, Nicole, Karyn, Jenny, Carol and Kristin !

They say what happens at retreat, stays at retreat, so who am I to go against the rules...all I will say is there are certain signs that tell you you're on a good retreat, and I should know, I have been on a lot of them!
LSBS retreat had HEAPS of these signs, but for me the stand out sign was the layout count...

8 layouts of my own,
2 layouts from classes,
1 layout for a photo swap, and
1 otp from a class - as seen below...

This was a card class by Anna (LSBS DT), and we got such a generous class kit I couldn't believe my eyes !
We only made this one, but there was enough product and instructions for at least 7 different cards and small card / gift holders like this one !



So thank you Cath, Nicole, DT and LSBS ladies for a most wonderful retreat. I had an awesome time, and I really can't wait to do it all again in 2012. Thanks Dani for being a fantastic roomie, it was great to meet you. Thanks Shelley for organising Secret Squirrel, and thanks to my Secret Squirrel for the awesome gifts !!!
Thanks Scrap Fairy for all of the wonderful product presents and thanks too for the raffle and layout prizes I was lucky enough to win as well !
I will share my layouts over the coming days... yesterday's post was one of them !

4 comments:

Paula said...

Woohooo! So glad you had a good time...you deserve it my friend! What a fantastic gift box, can't wait to see what else you got done. Cheers x

Nicole aka nicrus said...

So glad you had a great time Michelle. It was awesome to meet you and to have your talent in the room. Next year... haka!

Selma Janet said...

Hi Michelle, it is early and I really should be getting ready for TAFE, but, I JUST HAD to read your Blog. Sounds lke all Peg & Lizzi told me about the Retreats run by these ladies is true. I wanna go next year too!! LOVE the card andf the wee box, any chance of you being able to show us how to make them??? Big Hugs Janet xxxcorspot

nicwest said...

We had a blast :) It was great to share a table with you, love your work. X