Monday, August 01, 2011

Camp Mojo - Part 1

Well Camp Mojo has been and gone, and I did have a wonderful time even though:

* I badly sprained my ankle on the Tuesday night before it started.
* The drive up was in all the horrendous rain of the East Coast low.
* My villa mates accidentally locked me out on the first night !
* And my scrapping mojo really went awol - think I had stage fright LOL !

I did however, get to do a class with this talented lady...


and who would have thought I could make such pretty cards ! Thank you Jane !
I enjoyed the card class immensely, and it was great to learn some new techniques, and be allowed the opportunity to "play" with them. I hope I can try this again at home with the same success !



I also took classes with Sarah Gladman and Sherry Mendoza, but unfortunately, due to my slow snail pace, I didn't finish either of these. Hopefully I can over the next week or so, because they were really clever and creative classes !

One of the features of Camp Mojo was an auction to raise money for the "Make A Wish Foundation". There were several beautiful canvases donated for the cause, including one by Tim Holtz ! I was pleased to support the auction, and came away with the this gorgeous little canvas by Claudine Hellmuth - love it - and it's the perfect addition to my scraproom !


I'll be back with more pics and stories about my Camp Mojo adventure soon !

2 comments:

Wirg's Creative World said...

LOL, our villa mates locked us out on the first night as well Michelle. I got my canvas finished from Sherry's class, as well as Jane's and Rachels too. I only got 2 LO's done, think the mojo was AWOL for a few of us, there were so many lovely people to catch up with or meet for the first time I recon.
Virginia/Wirg

Sonia said...

Good to hear you had so much fun Michelle, I was thinking of you and the other drivers in that horrid weather.
Glad you were safe.
Hope the ankle is on the mend!!