Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Layout Share

Well I have been busy, and unfortunately, not all of it scrapping !
But, I have now completed my class and recipe scrap for Forever Always Retreat (oh, how exciting, it's only a few weeks away !!!). Here's a little sneak:


Hopefully the girls will like it ! I have also had a go at this month's challenge at Kraft It Up. The challenge was to use 4-6 photographs...and kraft, of course ! Here's mine:

Grumpy Moments


You can't really see or read it well, but the two little strips above all of the titling actually have that wonderful adage - "We do not remember days, we remember moments", so I added "Even the really grumpy ones !" This is Caden in full flight, when he didn't get his own way. Feisty little buggar ! And, WOW...I even used felt ! For those who don't know (I am not a lover or user of felt) !!!

And my last share for the day is my Round 5 (yep...Round 5) layout for the Embellish It competition at Scrap 'n Craft with T. This was a tough week, and there are so many beautiful entries in the gallery already. I struggled with this one due to my infected thumb - scrapping was hard enough, but rolling and quilling was near on impossible ! Anyway, here's my effort, and I hope it's enough to move to Round 6:

Round 5 - Roll It


And some close-ups of certain details:


Punched trees from a Hambly screen print. A "very subtle" detail ! LOL !


My quilled butterfly, which was incredibly hard to do with an infected thumb !
It's amazing how many things we use our thumbs for and how much we take them for granted.
I have found it quite disabling at times.


Rolled corners, and my hint of red, using red dymo tape for the journaling.
Might put a sneak of the Retreat Recipe Scrap up tomorrow - just to tease !

4 comments:

Paula said...

Hehe I've just posted my class sneak too!
I love your KIU layout, can't believe that is Caden! Well done doing those quilled butterflies with the sore thumb...love them! Good luck this week, I love your layout.

Anonymous said...

that butterfly is just gorgeous! Love the layout. Love the Grumpy face one too!

Unknown said...

OMG that layout is gorgeous and your quilling butterfly is fab.

Sarah Lou said...

oh I so love even teh really grunpy ones, I can so relate!!