Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Ahoy there, me hearties...


It be International Talk Like A Pirate Day today, and me and me mates in 4M have had a blast! We be turnin' the classroom, into a pirate school, and we be doin' all things PIRATE! First we be havin' vocabulary lessons - learnin' pirate words and their meanin's, then we be doin' a couple of puzzles, to see how much of it we could remember. We also be dressed as pirates for the day, singin' sea ditties, walkin' the plank, and sailin' the Seven Seas! Later we be doin' some pirate art, and lookin' for buried treasure! The end of the day, saw 27 new pirate Captains, graduate from Capt'n Capt'ns School for Pirates!

In all seriousness, today really is International Talk Like A Pirate Day, and we truly celebrated in style at school. The pic is of me as Captn Captn - I think I make a fabulous pirate, but it doesn't say to much about my usual looks or femininity LOL !!! And, I just have to share with you, the Pirate National Anthem (made up by 2 of my students - it's funny - and sung to the tune of the Can Can LOL)

"Aarrgh Aarrgh Aarrgh Aarrgh Aarrgh Aarrgh Aarrgh Aarrgh
Aarrgh Aarrgh Aarrgh Aarrgh Aarrgh"

Well....you get the jist LOL!

2 comments:

Sonia said...

Ahoy m'hearty
lovin the pirate look -
you crack me up - i bet you are the most popular teacher in school - sounds like you all had fun....

Narelle said...

Hi Michelle,

Sounds like it was lots of fun.
Gotta agree with Sonia.
Lookin good.
bye Narelle