Saturday, March 12, 2011

Modern Heritage ?

I am loving the new CHA Winter releases that are family history orientated ! I can't ever remember being so spoiled for choice (and that's only if you want new release).
Cosmo Cricket - Circa 1934
Bo Bunny - Timepiece
Echo Park - For the Record
Kaisercraft - Timeless
Are all new additions to my stash, and I am having fun !

Whilst some of these are traditional colours and patterns, I am really loving the opportunity to do what I call "modern heritage". Using bright colours and bold patterns with old photographs is certainly very different from my usual heritage style !

Unfortunately...you'll have to wait to see what I created, as it will accompany a feature I have done for Scrapbooking Memories Magazine (but that's coming up real soon *wink* !) In the meantime, I will leave you with this 2Crafty share, which is a more traditional heritage page, and features a Lucy's Flourish Frame.



This page uses Cosmo Cricket - Circa 1934 papers with just a hint of the Echo Park - For the Record collection thrown in for good measure !
I'm also really taken with painted backgrounds and the Martha Stewart Doily Punch at the moment !

4 comments:

Heather Jacob said...

wow oh wow !!so much yummy stuff here Michele .... lovin' it all.. my fave combo red and black I am such a sucker for these colours .... love love love this page .. awesome ... hugz x

Paula said...

Wow, wow, wow is right!!! Absolutely love this Michelle! Love this paper range & your addition of paint is perfect...love the chipboard too! Can't wait to see your other stuff too!

Anonymous said...

Love the paint effect on the background it looks fantastic ... awesome layout and I love the pps

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Stunning work as always, Michelle!!! Love your paintwork too!!! :D