Tuesday, July 06, 2010

I've Been Scrapping !

I love the school holidays !
I love that they provide me with basically child free days to scrap to my heart's content !
So here's a share of what I have been up to today... first up my effort for Scrap the Boys July Challenge:

 Baby, Where Did You Go ?


I am really loving the Basic Grey Basics Range of papers. They make teriffic backgrounds for any page, but especially for boy pages (well I reckon they do !). I played around with the background on this LO, trying to use up the million and one rubons I own, and get better at playing with glimmermist - what do you think ?
I am also really loving the October Afternoon papers. I think most of these are from Thrift Shop !
Here are a few close ups:




Secondly, my attempt at this weeks challenge for the Embellish It competition at Scrap 'n Craft with T.
This week was all about "vintage". I love vintage, but to be honest, after completing my family history album (52 scrapped pages), I am not as "into it" as I used to be. Having said that though, I do love the little item I have created this week !

Week 4 - Vintage It


Anyone who knows me, knows I really love doing OTP photo frames. Not only are they practical, for holding that "perfect" photo, but they are also a beautiful piece of home decor, and make great gifts !
This will be for my soon to be born niece...another very special baby in our family !
And some detail shots:




Again I have used the yummy OA papers, and very strange for me...but lots of Prima flowers ! And the new Jenny Bowlin Studios Butterfly Stickers are just too darn cute ! Love 'em !
Here's hoping it's enough to get me through to Round 5 !

6 comments:

Susan Longman said...

fabulous page...love what you did with the rubons...thanks for playing at Scrap the Boys

Binxcat1 said...

Ahh there's the Michelle who's work I LOVE! (Remember me????? I have loved your work since we did Embellished Idol together once upon a time!) So glad you are joining in @ STB so I can see more of your delish LOs! I ADORE this one... huge fan of the BG Basics too... where did you get yours??? I have only ever found a few pieces of the paper... I would love to get some of the embellies that go with it. (PMSL @ the word verification I am getting below... imakedo... perfect!)

Paula said...

Gorgeous work as usual Michelle...fantastic to see you scrapping & having fun! x

Louise said...

Yeah what Paula said!!!! xoxoxo

Wendy Smith said...

terrific work. Thanks for joining in the fun at Scrap The Boys

Debbie Lawrence said...

wowee, gorgeous page and love the misting. The photo is a bit too cute. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap the Boys